Scapa 2515 is an insulating, self-amalgamating, tape-based on EPR rubber. (Ethylene Propylene Rubber).
- For insulation, waterproofing and protection of electrical components.
- For jointing and repairing a wide range of solid dielectric power cables up to 132 kV.
- Easy to handle and apply tape form. The product is interleaved with a disposable plastic liner.
- Service temperature: -40C to +100C.
- The tape will remove cleanly when cut, allowing it to be used as temporary insulation or protection.
- Excellent resistance to water and ozone.
- Compatible with a wide range of rubber and plastic dielectric cable insulation. These include polyethene, cross-linked polyethene, ethylene-propylene rubber, PVC, butyl and neoprene.
- The tape amalgamates rapidly when applied under tension to provide a void-free homogeneous wrapping, without the need for external heat or pressure.
- Excellent physical and electrical properties with a high degree of stability under conditions of use.